Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pizza Crust

I tried out this pizza crust recipe that I found on allrecipes.com.  It's called Quick and Easy Pizza Crust.  It got alot of good reviews.  The kids really liked the pizza crust.  They didn't care for the peppered beef pepperoni that I put on the top.  I've had a hard time finding good old fashioned sausage or pepperoni here in Jakarta. 

Here's the recipe for the crust.

1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 tsp. white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups bread flour (I used regular flour)
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 450F (230C).  Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.  Stir in flour, salt, and oil and mix until smooth.  Let dough rest for 5 minutes.  Pat or roll out dough to form round circle.  Transfer to greased pizza dish.  Spread with desired toppings.  Bake for 15-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown (mine took 10 minutes).  Cool pizza for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment