Thursday, June 23, 2011

No Waste

We ended up with lots of bananas and one bundle of carrots from saturday's trip to Taman Safari.  Saturday night I made banana bread with the leftover bananas.  Sunday night I threw the carrots into a curry beef stew.  I thought it all tasted really good.  DH and the kids concurred. 

We had enough bananas for 2 loaves of banana bread. 



Curry Beef stew


I'll post the recipe that I used for the banana bread in another post and you can find it under the Recipes page.  I won't post the recipe for the curry beef since I used a sauce packet that I bought at the store. All you have to do is cut up the meat and vegetables and add the sauce packet plus water.  Not only did we enjoy some great food over the weekend, it was also a good feeling to know that there was no waste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment