Saturday, June 25, 2011

More Fun with Boxes

My son came home from school one day with a little sculpture made from boxes.  There was an empty toothpaste box, a milk container, a butter box, and a crackers box to name a few.  He said that during "free choice" at school, he chose to make something from old boxes.  The teacher provided him with boxes and tape and he just had at it.

When he got home, my son asked if he could make another box sculpture.  I just so happened to have a collection of old boxes and toilet paper rolls. I gave him a roll of tape and he had so much fun putting together a couple of things.

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, but everything my son made was for his army men to do battle with.  He said his creations were "cannons."  He also made a large robot.  The robot has yet to engage in battle so maybe there's hope and not everything has to be related to war :)

My daughter also taped together a bunch of toilet paper rolls and said that she made a "garbage can".  I'm not sure what happened to her creation so I don't have a picture of it.  Here are the things that my son made.



School creation

Another "cannon" creation


The firepower is increasing with each creation...ha ha.


Robot

My son showed DH his creations. He told DH that they were made from old boxes and that he was recyling! DH said our son was very proud of the fact that he was reusing old boxes. I love that they teach him at school to be a "Responsible World Citizen." That's what I am striving to be and hope that my kids will learn to do the same.

See how much fun you can have with some old boxes, toilet paper rolls, and some tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment