Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day Craft

The kids wanted to make something for their Dad for Father's Day.  I was trying to think of a craft idea that would be relatively simple.  I came across a Silhouettes Craft online and thought that Silhouettes of the kids would be a great Father's Day gift from each of the kids.

I took profile pictures of the kids with my digital camera.  I uploaded it into Photoshop Elements 9 and made the background white and filled in the profile with black.  I didn't have any dark paper or cardstock otherwise I would have printed out the images, placed them on the dark cardstock, and carefully cut out the images. 


Profile image taken with digital camera.

Flipped the image in Photoshop elements and filled in profile with black.  After printing, I smoothed out the margins with a black marker.  I'm new to Photoshop Elements so I wasn't sure how to smooth out the edges.

I cut out the images and had the kids paste them onto backing cut from a cereal box.  Then I made a frame for each image also from the cereal box.  The kids pasted the frames onto their pictures and then decorated their frames.




 We also printed some online cards that the kids colored.  The kids will give their gifts to dad on Father's Day.  I love the silhouette images of the kids.  I think the silhouettes would be a great gift for Moms, Dads and Grandparents for birthdays and other special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment