Tuesday, January 17, 2012

iPad Apps

So we finally broke down and bought an iPad 2. My son uses one at school in tech class. I thought it was interesting that the school my kids attend begins teaching kids how to use the computer and the iPad starting in kindergarten. Anyways, each month the school librarian gives a recommendation about a free or relatively inexpensive app that she thinks is good for kids.

I was curious to try out the iPad as an educational tool for the kids. So far, I have been very impressed with the quality of many of the free educational apps for kids. I am going to add a page that will list the apps that we have tried and that we like. So far I have not paid for any apps but that may change later on down the road. I came across a website today that has lots of great reviews of both free and paid apps for kids (www.smartappsforkids.com). Check it out. I was able to download some paid math apps that are free for a limited time. I think the kids will like the new apps.

The beauty of the free apps is that if the kids get tired of it or if it isn't that great, you can just delete it and try another one. I was surprised that we have had the iPad for almost a month now and the novelty has still not worn off. We all love our iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment