Wednesday, December 28, 2011

More Recycled Bows

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  We had a nice quiet Christmas in our apartment in Jakarta.  It was different not to be around friends and extended family, but it was also nice since this was the first time we had ever celebrated Christmas just with our little family.

Anyways, awhile back I posted that I had made some recycled gift bows.  I ended up making tons of them for the Holiday Market fundraiser put on by the school my kids attend.  I put mounting tape on the bottom of the bows so the kids (first graders were in charge of the Holiday Market) could just peel and stick like you would on a normal gift bow. 

P1110285P1110294P1110297P1110300

I kept the wrapping paper from our Christmas gifts, and I will make more holiday bows for next year.  I think this craft is a great way to give new life to all that wrapping paper that would otherwise just end up in the trash.  I love making these bows…it really can be addicting because making them is so fun.  I just love the way the recycled bows look. I think they are so much more interesting than your average bow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment