Saturday, September 17, 2011

Recycled Bows

The kids are going to a birthday party later today.  I remembered some tutorials I saw awhile ago for making holiday bows from magazine pages.  I decided that I would make a bow for the birthday present.   I basically followed this tutorial here at New Green Mama.  I made this bow from a red plastic bag. I must say that plastic might not be the best material for bow-making since it is not very stiff.  Still, I thought it turned out okay.

P1100552
P1100553

I didn’t have any magazines on hand but I did happen to have a complimentary copy of Jakarta Expat which is a newspaper but printed on glossy paper like a magazine.  Here are a few bows I made from the newspaper.

P1100555

Making the bows is a lot of fun!  If you have some old magazines lying around, you might try making some fun bows. There are lots of examples on the internet of some beautiful bows made from magazine pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment