Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Seedlings

Yay!  The chilli pepper seeds the kids and I planted the other day have sprouted!  The kids were so excited to see the seedlings.  I wish we had a nice big yard to plant a garden, but the little plastic buckets seem to be doing the job thus far.  We have lots of room on our balcony.   I think we might consider planting a couple more things.  I got the seeds at Grand Lucky (market in Senayan city area) and I also bought some potting soil there.  The potting soil was very inexpensive.  I got a medium-sized bag for 12,000 Rupiah.  I hope the seedlings keep growing and maybe soon we'll have our own little garden.  It's fun for kids to get their hands dirty.  Having a little garden is also a good way to teach responsibility.  Both of my daughters love to water the plants every day.  I think it is rewarding for the kids to see the plants grow.  I hope that they will survive to maturity so that the kids will get to harvest the fruits of their labor.  I guess only time will tell!




No comments:

Post a Comment