Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fun Halloween

The kids had so much fun this Halloween.  I would never have guessed that the kids would be able to celebrate Halloween in Jakarta.  The locals seemed to know about Halloween.  There were costumes and Halloween decorations available at the stores.  Even our apartment complex put on a Halloween party for the kids and organized trick-or-treating.  We had a great time celebrating Halloween in Jakarta!

In a previous post, my daughter and I decorated a Pringles can to look like Frankenstein. She decided she wanted a whole Frankenstein family so we made a “Mommy Frankenstein” from another Pringles can and a “Baby Frankenstein” from a toilet paper roll.
P1100966


I made some spider cookies for a bake sale at school.  It’s sugar cookies coated with white royal icing and swirled rings of black icing.
P1100964


I also baked some owl cupcakes for a Halloween party.  I got the idea by doing a search for Halloween cupcakes online.  There are lots of cool images for owl cupcakes.  The eyes are made from Oreo cookies and the pupils and nose are M&M’s. 
P1100970


Here are my three munchkins dressed up for Halloween.  My son wore camouflage and we bought a plastic gun.  We already had the helmet.  My daughter wore her ballerina outfit.  My youngest daughter wore a dress made from one of my old prom dresses, and we made a crown from tin foil and cardboard.

DSC_0029

We had a fun-filled Halloween.   We hope you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment