Friday, March 20, 2009

Reusable Shopping Bags

I recycle the plastic bags that I get at the grocery store, but I’ve been thinking about making some reusable shopping bags.  I love to sew and crochet so I looked online to see what was out there in terms of making a reusable bag.  I found a pattern for a crocheted plastic tote bag using “yarn” made of plastic shopping bags.  Click here to see the pattern. 
I also came across another site that explained how you can fuse plastic bags together.  The fused plastic is then strong enough that it an be used like fabric for sewing or other craft projects.  The fusing plastic bag tutorial can be found here.
I’m not sure when I’ll get these done since I’m strapped for time with 3 little ones running around but I am going to get started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment