Thursday, December 13, 2012

Teacher Gifts

I lost track of time these last few weeks. There has been so much going on with the kids and wrapping up the semester. Yesterday one of my friends asked me what we gave last year for teacher gifts. That is when I realized that the last day of school is tomorrow and I had not even thought of teacher gifts.

Personally, I prefer to donate money to a class fund to purchase a gift card or some other group gift. That way I don't have to worry about gifts.

This year, being short on time, I just had the kids help me put together some gifts with things we already had at the house.

We made snowmen containers from old peanut butter jars and DH's old socks. The cuff on the socks made great snowmen hats!  I got the idea from here.

I also found some directions for a felt owl ornament from Juicy Bits.  I put the front of the owls together and each of the kids sewed and stuffed an owl.

The kids also helped me make chocolate covered pretzels. We bagged those up and put them in the snowman jars along with the ornament. The kids made cards using clipped images from last year's wrapping paper.

I made gift bags from newspaper. We put the gifts in the bags and decorated with paper snowflakes. The red ribbon was from a gift my daughter received the other day at her class holiday party.

I might be just nuts or cheap or both, but I love reycling or finding new ways to use old things. I hang onto anything I think might be useful down the line. DH thought I cut up a pair of his perfectly good socks for the snowman hats. I told him they were socks he had discarded because they were worn out. I just never threw them out. What do you know, they actually did come in handy...lol.



Newspaper Gift Bags




Snowman jars





Felt owl ornaments





Card decorated with clippings from previous year's wrapping paper

No comments:

Post a Comment